Cross post from the Lift blog. See you at Telecom next week?
The Lift team will be heavily involved in the upcoming ITU Telecom conference this week. We will participate actively, speaking and moderating at the following events:
(Free event, French)
• Eric Bachmann, Président Alp ICT
• Pierre-François Unger
• Thomas Hinderling, CEO du CSEM, Présentation de « Solar Islands »
[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/D1XyR3YOVZQ" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]
• Présentation de sept Start-ups de Suisse Occidentale
• Table ronde animée par Laurent Haug, fondateur des conférences LIFT
This program involves, promotes, and fosters promising and talented individuals to strengthen their local communities and to bring local Internet-related issues and ideas to the global stage. The Next Generation Leaders program brings together individuals at the intersection of policy, technology and business, and embodies the operating values – such as open standards, freely accessible processes, and transparent governance – shared among many of the key communities and organizations that have been central to the development and ongoing evolution of the Internet.
Innovation delivers future developments and business models for interactive telecommunications. If infrastructures, devices, standardization and regulation are necessary to set up and to structure telecommunication ecosystem and its economy, they are insufficient to design and develop new services, new contents and new usages for their business and development opportunities. In prospect of the NGN and new protocols deployment, we propose to explore and design some possible future innovations that will allow improvement for health, transport, education, working or entertainment. The key question is how can these smart environments (intelligent object, remote monitoring, wearable devices, robotics, virtual reality or augmented reality) contribute to new innovations, sustainable development and wellbeing.
• Dr Didier Fass, Associate Professor, ICN Business School and LORIA INRIA, France
• Mr Laurent Haug, Founder & Director, Lift lab SARL, Switzerland
• Dr Mark I. Krivocheev, Professor, Chief Scientist , Radio Research Institute (NIIR), Russian Federation
• Dr Yoshihiro Fujita, Executive Research Engineer, Science & Technology Research Laboratories, NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corp), Japan
• Dr Hung Song, Vice President, Global Marketing Group, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Media & Communications, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Korea (Rep. of)