In seven short weeks the whole LIFT team will be in Korea for our first major Asian event, looking forward to welcome the community to the world’s most beautiful conference center for three days of discussion, inspiration and networking. Under the sun of Jeju Island, right in the heart of the world’s most dynamic continent and only 90 minutes from Tokyo, Seoul or Shangai, we will gather to ask a big question: what after the web?
At the end of a decade during which the internet revolutionized our lives and organizations, the network is now moving beyond the browser, invading objects, cities, toys, cars or medical devices. Where will the next big changes happen? What are the world’s most innovative people working on right now?
We built a program with seven sessions covering topics like urban technologies, online worlds, virtual money, new lifestyles, robots, featuring a mix of Asian and international speakers like:
• I-mode inventor Takeshi Nastuno and fellow innovator Tomoaki Kasuga who works on the robots of the future.
• Joonmo Kwon, CEO of the world’s largest (300 million users!) online games company, who will explain why they are now moving beyond gaming.
• Networked cities visionaries Jeffrey Huang (EPFL), Yang Soo Yin (The Living) and Adam Greenfield (Nokia design)
• Gadget loving, Emmy award winning American guru Dan Dubno who will present on the latest findings he made around the world
• And of course some LIFT legends like Bruce Sterling, Bruno Bonnell, Frédéric Kaplan or Jan Chipchase. We wanted to give our Asian audience a chance to meet some of the past LIFTs best speakers and here they
The full program is available on liftconference.com/lift-asia-08/program
Registration is still at early bird price, starting at only 250$ (Students/Startups/NGO) with a normal price of 650$. Save your seat now, it only takes a minute on liftconference.com/lift-asia-08/register
Going to Korea costs approximately 1300$ from Europe, with hotel between 100 and 180$, and the Seoul-Jeju trip only 150$ for a return ticket. That is around 2000$ to discover one of the most innovative and mysterious countries in the world. There are so many things happening there you will not regret coming. Guaranteed.x